Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Culture Exchange Day, Yay!

This morning we did some paper cutting. I was never a good cutter, and I'm still not. Still, it was really fun since everyone's final product ended up a bit differently. I was hopelessly lost because the teacher went so quickly - she did it like it was the most natural thing in the world! I would expect that, though, since she has to teach it all the time. When she made that super elaborate butterfly and flower piece, she barely glanced at it and spoke throughout her work. Chinese paper cutting is an awesome art to learn!

Before our big show, we had to doll ourselves up...REAL fun, huh? Okay, so I'm not big on makeup or the like, but for the sake of uniformity, it had to be done. In reality, it wasn't THAT bad - at least we didn't have to put on mascara. :D

We did our whole lineup of songs and, er, the one hula dance (which I thought we did pretty well for beginners, since no one forgot the last verse). I think it was nice, how we did a cultural dance and then the Hwa Nan students did a cultural dance, they played an instrument, and Aimee and Mable played their instruments, and then we sang our alma mater and they sang theirs. My favorite act of theirs was the song one girl used a huge stringed instrument to play. I forget what the instrument is called...how embarrassing.

Oops, I'm cutting this blog short because we're going to karaoke!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment